Monday, March 16, 2009

Completing a PRSA Application

The following are some of the common questions that are asked, in respect of the information required, on an Eagle Star/Zurich Life Individual Application Form through www.prsa.ie.

Section A.

Q - Do I need to send a copy of evidence of my date of birth with the application form?
A - Only if your contribution is greater than 15% of Net Relevant Earnings.

Q - Do I need to send a copy of a P60, or other tax document, with the application form?
A - Yes. (The only exception to this is where the contribution is a transfer from another pension arrangement.)

Section C. 1

Q - Can the 'Contract Start Date' be any date in a particular month?
A - No. The 'Contract Start Date' has to be the 1st of a month.

Q - When will the contribution be taken from my bank account?
A - You can choose the 1st, 7th or 15th of the month. You can make a note of your preference on the application.

Section C. 2

Q - My employer has a salary deduction facility with Eagle Star Life through another Intermediary/Broker. Can this 'Execution Only' application be processed on the same Direct Debiting mandate?
A - Yes, if the employer confirms that it is order to do so.

Q - Do I need to sign this Section if I am paying by Direct Debit from my own account?
A - No.

Section E.

Q - Can I choose different funds for my regular and single contribution to my PRSA?
A - Yes.

Standalone PRSA-AVC

Sections D & E

Q - Is all the information required in these sections?
A - Yes.

Section G.

Q - Can I choose different funds for my regular and single contribution to my PRSA?
A - Yes.

No comments: